Gamaya, a prominent and rapidly growing Swiss startup, active in the field of smart farming, is seeking an experienced, creative, and result-oriented Head of Product to lead the product management efforts of the fast-growing company.
As a leader of the product organization, you will be responsible for different aspects of a product-driven process, starting with an understanding of customer needs, definition of a product, managing feasibility and product development process, and eventually supporting product marketing and go-to-market activities.
● Define and drive the product strategy for the entire portfolio of AI / Data Science-based products, own and communicate the product vision
● Identify customers’ needs, business opportunities, partners, advocate to the Management and roll out the product development strategic plan.
● Lead product roadmap and the team, including data science, software, and agronomy talents through each product stage: ideation, development, launch, evolution and lifecycle management.
● Manage Products P&L, including development and delivery contractors, processing costs, and product pricing strategy built together with Sales
● Maintain product and market knowledge. Analyze and keep abreast of market trends, perform best practice competitor analysis, market research, and benchmarking.
● Guide product marketing, communication, and strategic positioning for customers, partners, and market influencers
● Ownership experience of the entire product life cycle and its P&L (product marketing,
roadmap, feature design, engineering, aftersales management)
● Degree in Business, Technology or Agronomy/Agricultural Science
● Experience in AgTech or remote-sensing technologies is a plus
● Work experience in the US, Brazil, Ukraine and fast-growing tech startups is a plus
● Advanced English required, Portuguese/ Spanish is a plus
● Strong leader
● Customer-focused and 100% result-oriented mindset
● Creative problem solving with a positive “can-do” attitude
● Excellent written and oral communication skills, including negotiation skills with clients
● Desire to build concrete short to mid-term solutions with immediate market roll-out
● Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment - flexible, self-directed, creative, and team player
● Passion for innovation and addressing the global agriculture and food challenge
● Interdisciplinary mindset, ability to learn quickly
● Ability to coordinate, collaborate with and persuade colleagues
● Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
Desired experience: 5 years