The lab manager reports to the CEO and is responsible for managing quality assurance and safety at the facility. Ensuring high quality products that meet customer expectations while maintaining compliance with cGMP applicable regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
The QA manager provides solid leadership to achieve company, plant, and department goals through various management, evaluation and improvement skills and strategies that improve overall quality and profitability. Masters and implements all QA policies, programs and procedures. Manages and effectively follows up on multiple projects and assignments.
- Responsible for overseeing the QA team and ensuring that all regulatory programs are followed.
- Must make sound decisions and execute quality oversights for all manufactured goods
- Adhere and enforces all company policy and procedures associated with safety, quality, and regulatory compliance
- Work with, and manage, QA team members to prevent process or product failure by focusing on continuous improvement of product quality.
- Responsible for managing performance plans and work schedules
- Ensures that GMP and sanitation audits are conducted by the department as required with documented corrective actions
- In the absence of key personnel, the employee’s supervisor or qualified designee is responsible to complete or delegate the completion of all required tasks and responsibilities
Knowledge and understanding of quality assurance principles, food science food safety and sauce processing, SPC and statistics; preferred.
Knowledge of Database software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Spreadsheet and Word Processing software; QMS systems.