Description of the position:
You will be part of L3 team in Delivery and Support Unit and will be working as Oracle Application DBA and system administrator. Within L3 team, your colleagues will be System Administrators, Operational DBA, Network Administrator, Production Expert, Release manager, and Deployment technicians. You will be working very closely with R&D team to help with the Database design and change implementations. You will also work closely with L1 and L2 team to help with any kind of database and system support.
System Administrator responsibilities in general involve architecture, implementation, administration, configuration, monitoring, updating and documentation of assigned enterprise servers.
On database administration part:
• Skills in database modelling and experience in working with developers, being able to translate their needs into database changes without risking performance and availability of the database.
• Expertise and Hands-on experience in developing and maintaining PL/SQL code as per the solution specifications
• SQL performance tuning using Oracle tools such as Cloud Control
• Shell scripting in a linux environment
• Install and maintain an active-standby oracle dataguard setup
• Perform the data Backup (export) and restore (import) of schemas or tables for Development/ Test environments
• Perform full or incremental database backups using RMAN
• Perform full database restore and recovery in case of disaster recovery using RMAN
• Capacity planning and execution
• Monitoring database load and inefficient queries and fix table locking/blocking
• Table partitioning
• Clean up data based on retention policy in OLTP and data warehouse.
• Develop and maintain documentation
• Keep continuous improvement approach
• Upgrading and Patching Oracle software
• Assist with reporting and BI and schedule reports if needed
On administration system part:
• Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure => 99.9 month on month
• Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools
• Develop and maintain configuration management solutions (Like Puppet, scripts)
• Planning and managing application/OS upgrades,
• Problem resolution, storage administration, capacity planning, policy administration, change management, disaster recovery, backup planning and systems analysis
• Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments
• Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux and Shell scripting languages
• Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Apache, MySQL, etc.
• Ability to build and monitor services on production servers
• Oracle 11g or later
• Application support
• Advanced Performance Tuning
• Advanced PL/SQL Programming
• Data Modelling
• Ability to do effective communication, and should be able to work with different technical teams
• Knowledge on Oracle Data guard and Oracle RMAN
• Knowledge on MySQL and SQL server is beneficial
This position can request on-call duties.
Desired experience: 2 years